Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The end of a successful Cross season: Men's B State Champion, and 3rd in the Cross Crusades

Taylor soloing to victory in the Men's B OBRA State Championships
Photo from Jon Muyskins 
So this season I had many goals. Of them was to come in the top 5 in the cross crusades. This happened. Another goal was to win a major race and I won the OBRA state championships which also helped my secure the Eugene Psycho cross race series before being forced up with the big boys.
The Tensegrity pain train, call the fire department. Ryan Garner and Taylor Bushnell.
Photo from Lee Ordonez
In the end it comes down to this: Cross is hard, you get better at cross then you race harder people. My 2012 season is now over with racing 2 crits, 1 road race, 11 mountain bike races and 15 cyclocross races. In that time I reached the podium 5 times(twice in mountain and 3 times in cyclocross) Next year the podiums will only be harder to find as I know race cross with the Elite guys, and mountain is always a tough battle for me.
Photo from Lee Ordonez
I want to give a special thanks to our 2011 sponsors: Tensegrity Physical Therapy, Biota Sciences, Urban Farm Massage, and a special thanks to both Collin's Bike shop and Ninkasi brewery. There local support is unheard of in this area and I would hands down recommend them for any future needs.

Now its time to ride trainers, bike in the rain, lift weights, have too much holiday food and beer, and ski. 
Much more to come Tensegrity PT Cycling in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment